Saturday, March 26, 2005

More Partssss

 

"HERE WE SIT LIKE BIRDS IN THE WILDERNESS!"

 

Just a Quickie ... My parts that I ordered from the nearest John Deere dealer ... about 80 mile away are in ...

I have planned to camp out overnite when I go down to Green Bay for Easter family gathering (& participate in a FIVE generation photo)  so that I can pick up the parts: an ammeter so that we can tell how we are doing with the new generator & starter ... and a switch. 

I was hoping to economize for a little while and bypass the switch ... but, I found out that it is a key part of the 24 volt system that must power 12 volt lights and gauges.

There is an ignition button ... this switch lies in the middle of the system and controls the designation of the 12 volt power ... really a multipostion switch for the ignition button and several light systems.  I'm glad that I found out that it is not just something that you can temporarily wire around.  See below for a discourse on this John Deere's complicated 24/12 electrical system...

READ THIS FUNNY ENTRY ON MAKING MAPLE SYRUP:

How to make your own Maple Syrup

No comments: