Saturday, March 3, 2007

The Prodigal Tractor Returns

 


LOOKING THRU THE STACKS ON THE JOHN DEERE AGAIN!

  YEAH!

THANKFULLY, the tractor was finally returned after its overhaul...

 


    Hoping you have a fast connection ... some of these little movies on YouTube take a long time to load ... but, once loaded, you can repeat the movie instantly.
This one is of our prodigal tractor coming into the yard.


   Since these pictures below were taken ... we've had more feet of snow ...looking out the sunroom window here. 


YOU CAN SEE THE CAR, PICK-UP, & TRACTOR IN THE SNOW
& SORTA YOU CAN SEE MY DECK CHAIRS.




 I did some plowing that day (Wednesday) ... sorta waiting for the stormS  to get all over before I tidied up the yard.   You know, up here, even if the groundhog sees his shadow, we're going to have at least more than six weeks of winter anyways!  I was snowed in for many days before the tractor got here ... plowed out ... uncovered my car ... made a trip into town to get some more deer corn, etc.  I usually have a good supply of everything on hand.  It was predicted that we'd have several more big snow storms ... we did!  Nothing like in NEW YORK (or up on Lake Superior, north of here) though.

The John Deere being delivered between snowstorms ... just the back grader blade on so far.


This is a welcome sight on this dead-end road, 3 1/2 miles in off the main road!

Some of my daily visitors.

Not a good place to stand.


   Hoping you have a fast connection ... some of these little movies on YouTube take a long time to load ... but, once loaded, you can repeat the movie instantly.
This first one is of our prodigal tractor coming into the yard.
 
Did you see the short movie that I did of my sister,Florence, & her truck?
 





THESE ARE SOME OF MY FAVORITE JOHNNIE PHOTOS
HERE'S JOHNNIE FROM A NEW PERSPECTIVE ... youTUBE.  I took this video as he came into the snow-filled driveway with the back blade:


Click here: YouTube - Our John Deere Tractor Plowing Snow

    It's been so long since I used the Johnnie ... I have to get used to it all over again.  I was so used to our Allis Chalmers that I keep going to the front of the tire to get on the tractor.


We've got the loader for the tractor ... & new hydraulics.... but, it's not put back on yet.  This is from two winters ago.

I've been gathering MANY links for this.  There are so many sources of online message boards, places to buy new & used parts, and other people's John Deere pages and Antique pagesNOTE: RIGHT-CLICK ON LINKS TO "OPEN IN A NEW PAGE" TO BREAK OUT OF THE AOL FRAMES ... close that new page to easily get back to my journal.

    HERE'S SOME GOOD TRACTOR LINKS TO FOLLOW:

Johnnypopper

JDHeritage for John Deere memorabilia & antique tractor collector

WebRing hub

Deerely Departed John Deere parts and Antique Tractor parts

Antique Tractors - Yesterday's Tractors Antique Tractor Headquarters

John Deere Agricultural Equipment Dealers

Yahoo! Groups John-Deere-Tractors

John Deere Tractors Discussion Board SUPER!

 


L o i s
my journal.... Upper Peninsula, MI and beyond
my webpage.... Crystal Falls, MI

No comments: